From June 2015 it has been a requirement of Motorsport Australia that all rallies and rallysprints run in NSW that form part of a series (except events where the ARC is present) use the same event forms, using the templates that are saved here. The purpose of this approach is:
- Provide consistency across events for competitors. (road cards all look the same etc)
- Reduce necessity to retrain officials (control paperwork is familiar)
- Ensure positive tracking is in use at all events. (position on road)
- Reduce workload for organisers. (there are hundreds of hours of work saved here – why reinvent the wheel?)
- Reduce workload for event checkers, and provide a more consistent approach to event checking.
- Consistent approach to safety plans including spectator safety protocols.
- Proven formula that’s competitor friendly.